I have established the following Recommendations & Requests to Provide a Clean, Sanitary & Quiet Environment & to Produce the Most Effective Results.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment (not early or late). I'll be ready to start at the time of your appointment but if you arrive early you may wait in the Heinz Lofts Community Room
- Be sure to schedule at a time when you will not be rushed. Please allow for up to 2 hours for the session
- Hunger as well as overeating before a massage can interfere with your relaxation. Please eat sensibly & avoid drinking caffeine or alcohol before arriving.
- Special attention is paid to the feet. Please be mindful about your hygiene & choice of foot wear (sandals, shoes without socks & unclean insoles can cause excessive perspiration, bacteria & odor.)
- Please do not arrive with athlete's foot, plantar warts or anything that is contagious.
- Please arrive freshly showered, jewelry free with no worries of hair or makeup.
- Please do not wear perfume or cologne
- Finally, please turn off your cell phone (including the vibrate setting)
- Talking during the session will divert the attention from the massage. Please stay focused on relaxing & disengaging. This will allow for me to fully concentrate, so that I can achieve the best results.
- Relaxing the mind will result in a more relaxed body. All preferences will be discussed during the consultation, before the massage. Please trust that after a thorough consultation & warming up & assessing the muscle groups, I can find & treat the issues independently, using the appropriate amount of pressure. I do not check in during the massage for guidance & direction (which would interfere with the client's ability to stay relaxed , as well as my ability to concentrate).
- Please only mention anything that would be necessary, such as discomfort or any issue that would interfere with the ability to stay quiet, relaxed & disengaged. This would include any complications that would require the need to break contact & pause the massage to make any of the necessary adjustments.
- Drink plenty of water (8-10, 8 oz. glasses)
- Drinking alcohol (before or after the massage) is not recommended, due to the dehydrating nature of alcohol.
- Pay attention to your breathing & body after the massage. Be aware of any thoughts or body mechanics that may bring back tension.
- Please understand that massage has its greatest benefits over time; the therapeutic effects are cumulative. The body will respond more quickly depending on the frequency of the sessions.